Fall Ball 2022
NLC Fall Ball is designed for both new and returning players featuring professional lacrosse instructors for both boys and girls players. Our 5 week program is designed to serve players who are new to the game of all ages, to players who may be just getting started with 1 or 2 years of experience, to the player who competes at the highest level for their age group.
The NLC accomplishes this by grouping players by skill level and matching instruction to each player's current skill level with the goal of advancing players group by group over time in order to challenge their development.
Weeks 1-3 of the fall ball program are focused on the fundamentals of the game Weeks 4-5 are focused on teaching game style play and exposure to this fast paced game. By the end of the five week session our goal is that new players establish a solid foundation and to give them confidence to play in the regular season in the spring.
Our Fall Ball goal for new players is to establish a solid skills foundation leaving them excited and confident to join us on the field for our spring season.
Our Fall Ball goals are for existing players to improve their game and increase their lacrosse IQ so they can take it to the next level in the spring season.
Proceeds from our Fall Ball program benefit scholarships for our spring season!
How it works:
- Players register for the 5 weeks session taught by professional lacrosse instructors.
- In week one players are evaluated and placed in groups with players of similar experience to start with the ability each session and each week for players to advance through the various experience levels. Our goal is to challenge players every week.
- Regardless of group, the first three weeks are focused on teaching and reinforcing the fundamentals of the game. For new player we focus on the basics and getting players up to speed to play in games. For more experienced players we focus on honing the fundamentals by challenging players at all levels of the game.
- Weeks 4-5 are focused on getting players prepared for game style play by introducing advanced drills and live game play.
Who: Boys & Girls Grades 1st-8th
- Beginners - Those who have never played before and want to learn more about the game and how to throw, catch and handle a lacrosse stick
- Intermediate Players - For those that have played in the past, but are returning to the game, this is an opportunity to get the stick back in your hands and sharpen your skills ahead of the spring season.
- Advanced Players - Reps, reps, and reps. An opportunity to reconnect with your teammates, have some fun, and focus on adding skills and techniques to your already developing game.
Dates: Sundays - 10/23, 10/30, 11/6, 11/13, 11/20
When: Novato High School - Stadium Turf
- $225 for 5 90-minute sessions
- USA Lacrosse membership required for insurance (you will be prompted for this during registristration process, with link to USL if needed)
News, Schedules, Trainings, and Special Events are announced on these platforms.